Participating to the UNIDO Project titled ‘Strengthening export capacities of manufacturing SMEs in Kuwait’, VEGO experts organised a Study Tour and B2B Meetings in Turkey for Kuwaiti Plastic Sector Company representatives which were accompanied by representatives from Kuwaiti Public Authority for Industry and Kuwait Industrial Union.
The aim of the project activity was to support Kuwaiti Plastics Sector Companies which are capable of exporting and expanding their businesses by organising a study tour and Business to Business (B2B) meetings in Turkey. The B2Bs targeted:
- fostering cooperation between similar producers
- helping them learn from advanced Turkish producers and competitive markets
- introducing them to prospect buyers and/or companies for cooperation and collaboration
The study tour and B2Bs were successfully held between 15-19 December 2014:
- B2B meetings with producers and potential buyers, company visits and meetings with sector representatives were organised in 2 different provinces of Turkey, İstanbul and İzmir in order to facilitate companies for future cooperation, collaboration and trade opportunities
- a special meeting was organised with Turkish Plastic Producers’ Association Management Team and some of their members in İstanbul